TCBL Code of Conduct
for the 2017-2018 Season
Click here to download the Code of Conduct
TCBL Code of Conduct for players
1. Respect the game, play fairly and follow its rules and regulations.
2. Show respect for authority to the officials of the game and of the league.
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during and after games.
4. Be courteous to opposing teams and treat all players and coaches with respect.
5. Be modest when successful and gracious in defeat.
6. Respect the privilege of the use of facilities used in the Tri-County Basketball League.
7. Refrain from the use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language.
TCBL Code of Conduct for parent/guardian
1. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, fans and officials at games, practices and other sporting events.
2. Advocate a sports environment for all children that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language, and refrain from their use during youth sporting events.
3. Encourage all children to play by the rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans and officials.
4. Support all the student athletes in an environment of mutual respect and civility.
TCBL Code of Conduct for Coaches
1. Recognize that coaches are role models for their team members and all participants involved in the activity, and that basketball helps to develop a sense of teamwork, self-worth and sportsmanship.
2. Place the emotional and physical well being of players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
3. Do your best to provide a safe playing environment for all participants.
4. Lead by example by demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all involved.
5. Provide an environment for your team that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol and abusive language and refrain from their use at all sporting events.
6. Respect the game and the TCBL league officials and communicate with them in an appropriate manner.
7. Be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations.
Note: TCBL expects coaches, players and parents to follow these rules to stay in good standing.